Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday

Okay, so in yesterday's post I mentioned going to bed early... that was the plan. I was ready to go to sleep at 10:30. but... I couldn't. I tossed and turned for soo long, and eventually got up for a little bit thinking that would help me go to sleep, but no... I didn't end up falling asleep until close to 2:00am. boo. And then, I woke up at 6:10am. woot. I eventually got up at 7:20, because I figured that I might as well start out my productive day early!

Things I Love About Today-
talking with mom and dad before anyone else was awake
being on the ball with laundry
organizing papers and "files"
not having butterflies in my stomach all day
sight-reading hymns just for fun!
practicing my piano songs from last semester
Mary's lesson with no tears or raised voices :)
having my laundry all clean, folded, put away, and hung up by the middle of they day!
(that usually takes about 6 days)
good talks with my Daddy and Mama
talking to my two best friends right in a row :)
cooking dinner!
Daddy chopping the huge sweet potatoes because he was worried I was going to cut myself :)
yummy rosemary-sweet potatoes
being amused by (harmless) miscommunication on facebook
actually running and working out, even though I put it off all day
watching a snippet of Gone With The Wind while I ran

Verse of the Day-
Matthew 6:25-34,
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kindom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Poem of the Day-
On Another's Woe
by William Blake

Can I see another's woe,
And not be in sorrow too?
Can I see another's grief,
And not seek for kind relief?

Can I see a falling tear,
And not feel my sorrow's share?
Can a father see his child
Weep, or be with sorrow fill'd?

Can a mother sit and hear
An infant groan an infant fear?
No, no! never can it be!
Never, never can it be!

And can He who smiles on all
Hear the wren with sorrows small,
Hear the small bird's grief and care,
Hear the woes that infants bear,

And not sit beside the nest,
Pouring pity in their breast;
And not sit the cradles near,
Weeping tear on infant's tear;

And not sit both night and day,
Wiping all our tears away?
O, no! never can it be!
Never, never can it be!

He doth give His joy to all;
He becomes an infant small;
He becomes a man of woe;
He doth feel the sorrow too.

Think not thou canst sigh a sigh
And thy Maker is not by;
Think not thou canst weep a tear
And thy Maker is not near.

O! He gives to us His joy
That our grief He may destroy;
Till our grief is fled and gone
He doth sit by us and moan.

No comments:

Post a Comment